Have you ever wished that all your faxes could simply arrive in an email? Well, you don’t need to wish anymore, the advances in online fax technology allow you to receive fax on your Gmail account automatically. Here you will learn how to do it!
Receiving faxes is the easiest part of online faxing. You see, once you understand how your online fax number works it all becomes pretty clear. But in the meantime, you should know that this is a virtual fax number that works over Internet, and grabs faxes transmissions automatically for their subsequent conversion into digital files.
This way of delivering incoming fax to Gmail has dramatically changed how businesses communicate for good. Offices around the World can enjoy the impressive speed of modern communications with the security and reliability of faxing. Once you follow the steps of this tutorial you’ll be able to read your faxes on your computer or device screen.
How to Start Receiving Fax on Gmail
To receive a fax on Gmail, you will need to sign up for a third-party fax service that integrates with Gmail. There are several options available, including eFax, HelloFax, and Fax.Plus.
- First, choose a fax service that integrates with Gmail and sign up for an account.
- Follow the instructions provided by the fax service to set up your account and connect it to your Gmail account.
- Once your fax service is set up, you will be able to receive faxes directly to your Gmail account. You will typically receive an email notification when you receive a fax, and you will be able to view the fax as a PDF attachment in the email.
- To send a fax from your Gmail account, compose a new email and enter the fax number (including the area code) of the recipient in the “To” field. Attach the document you want to fax, and send the email as you would any other email. The fax service will handle the rest and send the fax on your behalf.
Note: Keep in mind that fax services usually charge a fee for sending and receiving faxes. Be sure to check the pricing and terms of service of the fax service you choose before signing up.
What You Need
To send and receive faxes online, you will need two things:
A Gmail address. Creating a new Gmail account specifically for receiving faxes can help keep your inbox organized.
An email fax service. This service will provide you with a virtual fax number, allowing you to receive faxes through your computer. Online fax services offer monthly plans at affordable prices, or you can try a free trial account.
These services act as an intermediary between a fax machine and a computer, and your virtual fax line is compatible with traditional fax machines. Using an email fax service is convenient and does not require any additional software installation.
Linking Your Number to Gmail
If you haven’t done so at the time of signing up for a service, you can link your number to a Gmail address by going to the Settings area of your online fax service. This is the same area you need to head to if you also want to link more than one address to your fax number. Most services let you receive faxes simultaneously in up to 5 different email addresses, and not all of them need to be Gmail.
As you can see, you don’t have to tinker with advanced settings within Gmail or even your Google account. It is as simple as choosing a number and choosing what email will be linked to that number.
Once your number is active you can start receiving faxes. Whenever a new fax comes your way, it is first converted and then sent to your email. at the same time you can opt to receive notifications on your smartphone, so you can read your faxes even when you are away from the office! Using Gmail’s app is perfect for this purpose, but if you want you can use your service’s app.
This works with all types of fax machines, so it doesn’t matter if you are getting a fax from a person that uses an outdated fax machine. It will still arrive as a PDF on your email, along with all the details of the transmission. You can learn more in our tutorials at GoogleFaxHub.com, check them out!
What Are the Advantages of Receiving Faxes Through Gmail?
There are several advantages to receiving faxes via Gmail rather than traditional fax machines:
- Convenience: You can access your faxes from any device that has an internet connection, so you don't have to be near a fax machine to receive or send a fax.
- Security: Faxes sent via Gmail are more secure than those sent through a traditional fax machine, as they are transmitted over a secure internet connection rather than a telephone line.
- Ease of use: Receiving faxes doesn't require to do anything on your part, faxes will be forwarded as PDF attachments to your Gmail address.
- Cost effectiveness: Receiving fax via email is typically cheaper than using a traditional fax machine, as you don't need to purchase or maintain a separate fax machine or pay for telephone line rentals.
- Environmental benefits: Using Gmail to send and receive faxes reduces the use of paper and can help to reduce your carbon footprint.
Does This Faxing Solution Only Work With Gmail?
You can use any email address to receive fax. We recommend Gmail because of all the features it brings to the table, and because it's very easy to integrate a fax service with other Google services like Google Docs and Google Drive.
Can I Connect My Gmail Fax Number to a Fax Machine?
No, fax machines are used only for analog connections. And the more advanced models are quite pricey for most companies. But what you can do is print your faxes with any multifunction printer you have at your disposal. You have the final say over what needs to be printed.